Would you like to make this site your homepage? It's fast and easy...
Yes, Please make this my home page!
Others Pictured on the Mural
- Believed U.S. was trying to "colonize" Puerto Rico
- One of four pro-independence militants convicted of leading March 1 armed attack on U.S. Congress
- Spent 25 years in jail for attacking U.S. Congress in a despearate plea for the recgonition of her right to freedom
- Was pardoned by President Carter in 1979
- Exactly 25 years to the day she was pardoned, the Puerto Rican Cultural Center dedidcated murals renovation to her
Rafael Cancel Miranda
- One of four pro-independence militants convicted of leading March 1 attack on Congress
- Was sentenced to 84 years in prision for "an attempt to overthrow the governement by force and violence"
- Pardoned after serving only 25 years
Rosendo Matienzo Cintron
- Founder and President of first Puerto Rican Independence Party in 1912